Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is one of the latest first-person shooter video games that’s developed by Treyarch & Raven Software and published by Activision. After the Alpha release, the Early Access of this game has been released today on Oct 8, 2020. Next, the Open Beta for PS4/Xbox/PC as well as the Early Access for Xbox & PC has been scheduled already apart from the pre-order and official release (next month). Here in this troubleshooting guide, we’ll provide the steps to fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error for the PC platform.
If in case, you’re encountering the similar problem on your computer then check out this article. The Fatal Error problem seems to be continuing for years to Black Ops 4, Modern Warfare, and now the Black Ops Cold War edition. This error is very much irritating as there is no permanent solution available from the publisher or developers. However, there are some of the common workarounds available that should fix the fatal error problem.
How to Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error
- Needless to say that you should have always updated the graphics driver version manually from the Device Manager > Click on Display adapters arrow icon to expand the list > Right-click on the graphics card > Select Update driver > Search automatically for driver software > Restart your computer to apply changes.
- However, if in case, anything goes wrong and you can’t be able to remove the existing graphics driver from your PC, then install the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and run this tool to easily remove the GPU driver. Once removed, you can reinstall the latest GPU drivers on the PC.
- Make sure to always run the Black Ops Cold War game exe (executable) file as an administrator. Just right-click on the Black Ops Cold War desktop shortcut and select Run as administrator > If prompted, click on Yes.
- Check out the Windows build update manually. Head over to the Windows Settings menu > Update & Security > Check for updates. If available, Download and Install the pending update > Restart your system.
- Temporarily disable both the Antivirus program and Windows Firewall protection if your game is getting blocked by these security programs.
- Ensure to scan and repair the missing or corrupted game files from the Blizzard launcher. Open Blizzard launcher > Games > Hover over the Black Ops Cold War icon > Click on Options > Click on Scan and Repair. Wait for it to complete then restart your computer and try running the game again.
- If none of the steps worked for you, simply uninstall and reinstall the game from the Blizzard launcher. Click on Black Ops Cold War icon from the Games category > Click on Options > Select Uninstall Game. Follow on-screen prompts and proceed. Once uninstalled, restart your computer then launch the Blizzard launcher and reinstall the Black Ops Cold War.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, you can comment below.
- How To Unlock bootloader, root, flash custom recovery, rom Of HTC one S
- How To Root Infinix Note 7 X690B and Root File
- How To Remove Password Lock On Itel it2171 Keypad SPD Phone
- TWRP: How To Reset Pin/Pattern/Password Lock & Fingerprint Without Data Lost Using TWRP RECOVERY
- How to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F41